Commercial Lease Disputes, Remedies and Enforcement
Focused on providing strategic and practical advice and solutions for our clients.
Our firm has built a reputation as one of Toronto’s leading commercial lease litigation boutique practices. We represent large, mid-sized and small commercial landlords, third party property management companies and real estate developers. We have built our loyal client base by understanding the unique needs, challenges and objectives of commercial landlords, particularly in the retail shopping centre sector. We provide our landlord clients with strategic legal guidance, personal attention and cost-effective, practical, results-oriented solutions.
Our services encompass all aspects of commercial lease disputes, remedies and enforcement, including:
- Lease enforcement remedies including Notices of Default and lease termination
- Rent disputes, demands and collection/legal proceedings
- Working with Bailiffs with respect to distress proceedings
- All lease interpretation disputes, including disputes with respect to operating
- expenses; repair obligations; and exclusive use clauses
- Relief from Forfeiture proceedings and Injunctions
- Summary Judgment Motions, Trials and all other aspects of the court process
- Communication and collaboration with in-house counsel in implementing litigation
- and dispute resolution strategy
- Mediations and all other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Construction lien disputes and issues related to leases
- CCAA/Bankruptcy/Receivership proceedings
- Defending Human Rights Tribunal proceedings against commercial landlords
To contact our firm regarding your commercial lease dispute or litigation matter, please call us at (416) 364-4900.
BYLD Barristers. Excellence in Advocacy.
Unparalleled Personal Attention.